Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Bright Side

So I'm obviously not a wife yet but I am engaged and he is in the military, a Navy man :) I really don't know if I will keep up with this blog but I figured this would be a great way of keeping myself sane these next few years while my soon to be husband is off in the military. My sweetie, Bobby, left for basic 2 days ago and it's been possibly 2 of the roughest days I've had in a while. Not trying to be dramatic but  I can't really sleep, eating has become a chore, and I swear I think there is something wrong with my tear-ducts because anytime anyone slightly mentions him they start producing gallons of water that just come pouring out. :-/ Needless to say this is going to take some time adjusting to... Good thing is I have found a bright side! While he is at basic I am dedicating myself to rediscovering who I am. 
You know how it goes when you really fall in love with someone and they become part of your daily routine in life, you tend to kind of lose yourself and who YOU as a person really are. It's not really a bad thing per say, but in a sense it is because, now that he is gone I'm not really sure what to do with myself anymore. I don't remember what I enjoyed or what I like to do, for the past 2 years it has been what WE like to do and what WE like to eat and what WE like to watch. So I guess it's nice that I have the opportunity to find myself once again and realize what it is that I enjoy so when he comes back and leaves again for deployments and all that jazz it won't be so gosh dang hard figuring out what to do with myself! If I just hold on to this idea I think it will help me make it through these next 2 months because, to be quite honest, this sucks! I miss him so much but I am super proud and can't wait to see what our future has in store and to see where this journey leads us both! Like he always tells me, I just need to stay positive and take these next couple of years for what they are; just a small fraction of the rest of our lives together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment